Tribal Body Art opened on Edinburgh’s Royal Mile in 1996 with an emphasis on quality and customer care.
Piercings and tattoos are usually by appointment but we can sometimes do walk-ins. Phone ahead to check availability.
You can book piercings online here.
You can start the tattoo booking process here.
You can buy jewellery online through our Etsy shop TribalBodyArtShop or visit in person.
You can also phone 0131 558 9019 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are located on the Royal Mile, five minutes away from Edinburgh Waverley train station. Car parking is available nearby.
Tattoo Age Restrictions
- Under 18: no services
- 18 – 25: we will tattoo most parts of your body, the exception being places where a tattoo cannot be concealed such as the hands or neck.
- Over 25: no restrictions
Piercing Age Restrictions
If you are age 12 to 15 years old you must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian and both have valid photo ID
The licensing for tattoo and piercing studios in Scotland considers persons under the age of sixteen to be minors. Therefore they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian to consent for them to be pierced. Our age restrictions policy is based partly on the conditions of our license:
- Under 12: No services
- 12 and 13: Ear lobes only, including 2nd and 3rd lobes. You must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian and you must both have valid photographic ID
- 14 and 15: some piercings (not nipple, genital, dermal implants, tongues or septums) You must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian and you must both have valid photographic ID
- 16: you can consent for most piercings (except nipple, genital and dermal implants) you must bring valid I.D. as proof of age
- 18 and over: no restrictions though if you are under 25 you will still be asked for ID